The McDuffie Center for Strings was built in 1855 and is an important landmark in Georgia. The project consisted of completely renovating the entire structure to accommodate the undergraduate program's distinguished faculty and students. The facility houses dedicated practice rooms for teaching and practicing as well as a 60 seat performance hall. The project required a complicated restroom and elevator addition in order to accommodate ADA. The 13,000 square foot building renovation meets the secretary of Interior standards for historic rehabilitation.