McIntosh House, Georgia College & State University
McIntosh House, a former residence and grocery store that dates back to 1829, is the oldest historic building on GCSU’s campus, located directly across from the Old Governor’s Mansion. Throughout the past 150+ years, several additions have been made to the original structure. The renovation included restoring the exterior façade and modifying the interior to conform to building and accessibility code requirements The interior stair of the building to the right of the breezeway was widened from 24” to 36” to comply with fire exit code. A handicap ramp was added, and the porch was modified so the entire first floors of the building could be wheelchair accessible.